GATE 2023 Exam & Registration Date Released.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2023 exam date is released by the IIT Kanpur on July 27th 2022 at their official website i.e (gate.iitk.ac.in). The GATE 2023 Exam will be held on 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023.
Below mention some important GATE 2023 Dates and Events**
|GATE 2023 - Major Events||GATE 2023 Important Dates|
|Opening Of GATE 2023 Online Registration||30th August 2022|
|Laste Date of GATE 2023 Form Submission||30th September 2022|
|Late Fee Submission Date for GATE 2023||7th October 2022|
|GATE 2023 Form Correction Window Date||4th - 11th November 2022|
|GATE 2023 Admit Card Date||3rd January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam Date||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
|GATE Response Sheet Release Date||15th February 2023|
|GATE 2023 Answer Key Release Date||21st February 2023|
|GATE 2023 Answer key Challenge Date||22nd - 25th February 2023|
|GATE 2023 Release Date||16th March 2023|
|GATE Scoreboard Download Date||21st March 2023|
The GATE 2023 exam will organize by IIT Kanpur. The exam will be administrated by Seven IITs & IISc Bangalore jointly. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering held every year to qualifiying candidates for M.E/ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and Recruitment in Public Sector Undertaking. The exam will be fully computer based mode test for total 180 minutes (3 Hours) . Their are total 29 paper in GATE exam and the validity of GATE score is for 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2023
On 27th July 2022 IIT Kanpur released the notification regarding the exam date, registration date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, Syllabus & Admit Card. The IIT Kanpur clearly mention the eligibility criteria fulfil by candidates in order to apply for the exam.
Their are 3 categories which needs to be fulfil by candidates for appearing in GATE 2023 Exam:-
- The candidates should be a citizen of India, however the neighboring countries candidates like ( Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore & the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are also eligible for exam.
- In the GATE 2023 their is no age limit for the candidates for appearing in exam.
- Candidates should have completed or be in their pre-final/ final year of Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or Postgraduate (M.Sc) degree in any relevant subject.
GATE 2023 Registration Process
Candidates can fill GATE 2023 application structure through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Handling Framework). If it’s not too much trouble, allude to the accompanying strides for steps to enroll for GATE 2023-
- Candidates can apply for the GATE 2023 test through internet based mode as it were.
- There are no disconnected structures for GATE Enlistments.
- Enrollment for GATE 2023 is supposed to start in the primary seven day stretch of September 2022.
- To enroll for the GATE 2023 assessment, candidates should initially enlist as a “New User”.
- Candidates can sign in to GOAPS utilizing their GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS password subsequent to finishing the enrollment cycle.
- Subsequent to signing in Candidates can finish up the application structure.
Read Complete: GATE 2023 Registration Process
GATE 2023 Application Fees
|Male (Genreal,OBC & Others||Rs 1700||Rs 2200|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs 850||Rs 1350|
|Female Candidates||Rs 850||Rs 1350|
The Correction window for GATE 2023 Application form will open from 4th-11th November 2022. Candidates who think or may have mistake in their form they can rectify their mistake during the correction window.
GATE 2023 Question Pattern
GATE 2023 Question Pattern -Table
|Examination Mode||Computer Base Test(CBT)|
|Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Total Numbers Of Papers in GATE 2023||29 Papers|
|Type of Questions|| |
|Question for Ability Testing|| |
|Total Number of Questions||10 (Genreal Aptitude) + 55(Candidates Selected Subject = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL|
|Distribution of Marks in AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL|
|Marking Scheme||All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. No negative marking for Incorrect answer(s) to MSQ or NAT question.|
GATE 2023 Centers For Exam
The IIT Kanpur is jointly organizing the GATE 2023 Test with IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs. The list of exam cities is mentioned in the official notification. This year the exam cities have been reduced by the authority. Can check their exam center according to their residing zone.
|Exam Center||Number of Cities alloted|
Admit Card For GATE 2023
The GATE 2023 admit card will be available on the official website of IIT Kanpur i.e gate.iitk.ac.in on 3rd January 2023. Candidates can directly download their admit card after on the given date and can carry the admit card along with the Valid ID proof for appearing in the exam hall.