Who wouldn’t want to ace the JEE exam? It is the dream of every engineering aspirant in the country. But the reality is that only a selected few get to through the exam in this highly competitive National exam.
All aspiring students give their best, mostly the droppers batch for IIT JEE hoping to get admission to the top engineering college in India. Every year, the exam witness around 12 lakh student candidates appearing for the JEE Main and out of them, only 2,00,000 students are selected for JEE Advanced.
Due to the increase in the toughness level of the exam, there is a high rise in unsuccessful students. But this doesn’t at all mean that those who couldn’t crack the exam didn’t study well. There are so many other factors for it. In this blog, we are particularly writing for those students who couldn’t clear the exam.
We are telling you that there is always a second chance and instead of losing hope, we are trying to help you prepare for the next exam so that you do not repeat the same mistake. We sincerely wish this blog will help you prepare for your exam the right way.
Here are some tips below to help droppers batch for IIT JEE:
- Find out what your weaknesses are. The results of the last exam will help you in identifying where you need help. Try to figure that out so that you can look into it and fix it. It could be studying the wrong book or not giving enough time. Whatever the reason is, try to improve in that area so that you can do better this time.
- Start your preparation right away. The longer you delay, the more time you are wasting. So please, ditch those thoughts about everything that is wasting your time and start training your mind to focus on your studies. At the same time, always be positive and enthusiastic. Because pondering on your failure will only hinder your studies.
- Take a look at the exam pattern and try to understand it. Getting yourself familiar with the exam you will be appearing in will help you gain confidence and help you understand how to plan your studies according to the pattern.
- Opt for a good coaching class to guide you. You may find it unnecessary, but learning from the right coaching class will immensely help you in your preparation. It is not only about attending classes and studying but receiving encouragement and emotional support during your preparation will greatly help you. So start asking around and find the class that suits you best.
- Invest as much time as possible in your studies. Avoid wasting time for personal reasons. Because whatever time you invested in your studies will reflect in your result. Try avoiding anything that will distract you from your studies as well.
- Always revise what you have learned. Make sure you revise what you have learned frequently because it will help you remember it clearly for a longer period of time. Try self-assessment weekly or monthly so that you can test your knowledge on the topic or subject.
- Look for the right study materials. You should not waste your time studying everything under the sun but rather focus on studying the right books. Approach your coaching classes or you can simply google to find the best books to help you prepare for your exam. Believe it or not, this will not only ease your studies but will help you earn good marks in the exam.
- Get enough rest and never over-exhaust yourself. Try to eat healthy as much as possible and avoid foods that might cause body discomfort. Always try to get good sleep at night because it will help you in focusing better on your studies.
- Try group studies. Group study can be quite beneficial for you as you can learn so much from your friends. You can try exchanging knowledge and discuss on various topics. Also, group study is a more comfortable form of learning than in the classroom.
- Avoid studying the whole night or the whole day. Sitting long hours studying will never help you learn as much as you hoped but will instead affect your health. Try studying for few hours and take a good break. During your break, you can take a quick exercise or rest so that your body doesn’t sleep for sitting for long hours.
- Avoid distractions. It could be your friends, family, or even your favorite pet that’s keeping you away from studying. Try to avoid them as much as possible during your exam preparation. If you enjoy their company, try minimizing the time spent on them so that it doesn’t affect your study plan.
Most importantly, write a study plan and follow it at all costs. Do not do anything that will distract you from it. Make a chart and paste it into your room or somewhere you can see it frequently. Follow it every day and make it a habit. A good study plan will make your studies much easier and will not frustrate it. You can always take help from the internet to help you prepare your study plan.
Lalan’s coaching classes is a leading premier coaching institute of North-East India for Engineering (JEE Main (formerly known as AIEEE), JEE Main+Advanced (formerly known as IIT JEE), and CEE), and Medical (NEET-UG(AIPMT & AIIMS)). LCC is one of the best coaching institutes in Guwahati Assam. The coaching institute is well known for its quality education and easy-to-understand concepts in the Entire North-East, producing the best results for a consecutive year after year. For the last 7 years, we are “Crafting Your Dreams Into Reality” in:
JEE Exam (Different Engineering & IIT-JEE Coaching)
LCC is delivering the best among the coaching centers in the entire North-East with a strong foundation of knowledge having by the best faculty members in Guwahati, Assam, and North East for engineering and medical coaching.
At LCC, we focus on delivering the best to our students for both online and offline(classroom coaching classes) classes with mentoring students to extract the best of student’s patience and hard work to get success in the competitive entrance exams of JEE (Main+ Advanced), NEET-UG, and AIIMS.
We understand students’ potential and impart value-based education with a lifelong connection with you to compete with Entire India. We are focused on emerging as a coaching center upbringing the northeast students to stand among the toppers of Entire India.
LCC is focused on extracting the best from every student instead of just a few students resulting in the highest selection rate from the others with more selections.