Lalans Coaching Classes

NEET UG 2024 Cutoff & Marks vs Rank

Introduction

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG is one of the most crucial exams for medical aspirants in India. Each year, the cutoff marks for NEET UG play a significant role in determining the admission of students to various medical colleges. In this article, we will delve into the expected cutoff for NEET UG 2024, the factors influencing these cutoffs, and other essential details to help you navigate through the admission process smoothly.

NEET UG 2024 Expected Cutoff Category wise

Overview of NEET UG 2024

NEET UG 2024 is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical courses in India. This year, over 24 lakh students appeared for the exam, which was held on May 5, 2024. The results and the final answer key were released on June 4, 2024.

Cutoff for NEET UG 2024- Category wise

CategoryMarks (out of 720)Percentile
General16450th
General-PH146 (approx)45th (approx)
SC/ST/OBC163-129Varies (around 40th percentile)
SC/OBC-PH145-129Varies (around 40th percentile)
ST-PH141-129Varies (around 40th percentile)

The cutoff for NEET UG 2024 varies across different categories and depends on several factors. Here’s a detailed table outlining the cutoff marks and their corresponding ranks based on recent trends:

 

Marks RangeExpected Rank
720-7161-30
715-71031-70
709-70071-100
699-690101-500
689-680501-1000
679-6701001-2500
669-6602501-4500
659-6504501-7500
649-6407501-11500
639-63011501-14500
629-62014501-20000
619-61020001-27500
609-60027501-35500
599-58035501-47500
579-56047501-60000
559-54060001-85000
539-52085001-110000
519-500110001-125500
499-450125501-160500
449-400160501-230500

 

Factors Influencing NEET UG 2024 Cutoff & Rank

Several factors affect the NEET UG cutoff each year:

  • Number of Candidates: Higher participation increases competition.
  • Difficulty Level of the Exam: A more challenging paper typically results in a lower cutoff.
  • Number of Seats Available: More seats can lower the cutoff.
  • Category of the Candidate: Different cutoff marks are set for General, OBC, SC, ST, and PwD categories.

Category-wise NEET Cutoff Trends

Looking at past trends helps in understanding the expected cutoffs. Here are the previous years’ cutoff marks for reference:

  • NEET 2023: General – 137, OBC/SC/ST – 107
  • NEET 2022: General – 117, OBC/SC/ST – 93
  • NEET 2021: General – 138, OBC/SC/ST – 108
  • NEET 2020: General – 147, OBC/SC/ST – 113

Understanding the NEET UG Score Calculation

The NEET UG score is calculated based on the number of correct and incorrect answers. The marking scheme involves:

  • +4 marks for each correct answer
  • -1 mark for each incorrect answer
  • 0 marks for unanswered questions

NEET UG 2024 Exam Dates and Results

The NEET UG 2024 exam was conducted on May 5, 2024, and the results were declared on June 4, 2024. The final answer key is available on the official NTA website.

Counselling Process for NEET UG 2024

The counselling process for NEET UG 2024 is expected to begin shortly after the results. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the counselling for 15% All India Quota seats, while the respective state authorities will handle the remaining 85% state quota seats.

Top Colleges Accepting NEET UG Scores

Some of the top medical colleges that accept NEET UG scores include:

  • All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
  • Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
  • Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), New Delhi
  • Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune

Conclusion

Understanding the NEET UG 2024 expected cutoff is crucial for aspirants aiming to secure a seat in medical colleges. By staying informed about the latest updates and preparing accordingly, students can enhance their chances of success. Keep an eye on the official NTA website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

FAQs:

What is the minimum score required to qualify for NEET UG 2024?

The minimum qualifying score varies by category, but for General category students, it is expected to be around 150 marks.

When will the NEET UG 2024 counselling start?

The counselling process is expected to start in the third week of June 2024.

Where can I check my NEET UG 2024 result?

The result can be checked on the official NTA website.

What is considered a good score in NEET UG 2024?

A score above 650 is considered good for securing a seat in a top medical college.

How is the NEET UG score calculated?

The score is calculated by adding 4 marks for each correct answer and subtracting 1 mark for each incorrect answer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Open chat
1
Hello 👋
Welcome to Lalan's Coaching Classes